May 18, 2015
This week we are excited to show you how we’ve added a little texture and dimension to our BARC Birch Wood paper. BARC Wood paper is a versatile paper, you can easily cut, punch, dry emboss, stamp and paint BARC Wood. Pretty much anything you can do with traditional paper you can do with BARC Wood paper!
BARC Wood is available in two finishes with paper backing or adhesive backing. Our paper backed BARC Wood is nice to write on, making it a great option for creating notecards in minutes. You can quickly add embossed and debossed dimension to BARC wood with embossing folders. Your options for creating stunning projects with BARC Wood are endless!
Supplies for BARC Wood mini notecards and envelopes: BARC Birch wood paper, mini envelope die from Stephanie Barnard Stamps of Life, embossing folders from Cricut, BigShot die-cutter, sanding blocks and adhesive.
Instructions for BARC Wood mini envelopes:
1. Die cut two envelopes from a sheet of BARC Birch wood using a mini envelope die and a BigShot die-cutter.
2. Emboss the cut BARC Envelopes using an embossing folder and a BigShot die-cutter.
3. Carefully fold the BARC Wood envelopes. Assemble envelopes. Adhere.
4. BARC Wood folds great with the grain. Against the grain may require a little sanding. Using a sanding block, lightly sand edges to remove any splintered wood (if needed).
Experiment with adding extra texture and dimension to BARC Wood. You’ll be impressed with the results!
May 11, 2015
Butterflies are making an appearance this spring, dancing around our woods. The project this week is inspired by spring butterflies and BARC Rustic Birch Wood. This simple project came together in minutes with just a few basic supplies. If you have a shape punch and some BARC wood you can recreate an art piece like ours.
Supplies for tiled Butterfly art piece: BARC Rustic Birch wood, Butterfly punch, 12×12 canvas or surface and foam adhesive.
Instructions for tiled Butterfly art piece:
1. Punch out 30 butterflies from a sheet of BARC Rustic Birch wood.
2. Arrange the punched butterflies in 6 rows of 5 onto a 12×12 canvas or surface. Use a ruler if needed to line up the butterflies and space evenly.
3. Adhere each butterfly to the surface using foam adhesive.
BARC Rustic Birch wood is versatile and great to use in your paper crafting too. These two cards use BARC Rustic Birch labels as the foundation embellishments. ARC label sheets are available in BARC Rustic Birch, BARC Rustic Cherry, BARC Birch, BARC Cherry and ChalkTalk.
May 4, 2015
We love our moms and are excited to celebrate all the mothers in our lives this coming Sunday.
We love the look of wood layered on wood and also how great our BARC Wood paper holds cut details from an e-cutter. This card marries those two loves and we hope expresses to mom how much we LOVE HER! Happy Mother’s Day.
Supplies for Happy Mother’s Day Card: BARC Cherry Wood paper, BARC Cherry Wood adhesive backed paper, E-cutter, cut file, printer, white card stock and foam adhesive.
Instructions for Happy Mother’s Day Card:
1. Cut out white card base to 8.5″ x 5.5″.
2. Print Happy Mother’s Day sentiment in light brown ink onto a sheet of BARC Cherry Wood adhesive backed paper. Cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and adhere to card front.
3. Cut flower file onto a sheet of BARC Cherry Wood paper.
4. Arrange detailed cut piece of BARC Cherry Wood paper onto assembled card, making note to not overlap the printed sentiment. Adhere with foam adhesive.
We loved this look so much we created a similar Thank You card using the same steps. These cards have a clean and sophisticated look and are sure to impress. Thank you for stopping by our blog.
Need more mother’s day gifting inspiration? You may recall the Mother’s Day card and gift we created last year. It was a big hit and continues to be a popular pin on BARC Project Pinterest board. Instructions found here.
May 2, 2015
Another year another National Scrapbooking day … scrapbookers rejoice! Have you tried our BARC Wood in your scrapbooks yet? We’ve been playing around with pocket scrapbooking and created these pocket cards out of our BARC Rustic Cherry wood and BARC Cherry Wood tape. Simply cut any BARC Wood paper to 3″x4″, add embellishments and you are ready to place these in your albums. And you can cover an album like we did for a matching look.
Want a chance to win some BARC Wood for your next project? Simply hashtag your project #barcwoodscrapbook on Facebook or Instagram. We will search that hashtag and randomly draw from all the entries by end of day Sunday May 3. Enjoy your memory keeping day and you could be a lucky winner! The winner will be announced on our blog.
April 27, 2015
We had so much fun this April showing you how well BARC Wood and ClearSnap products partner. Thank you ClearSnap!
This week we’ve created a home decor art piece that would make a great gift for Mom using BARC Wood and Smooch Spritz. Spritzing BARC wood is a great way to add subtle or bold color. We played around and tested spritzing and painted directly onto BARC Wood for different effects.
Supplies for the ‘LOVE YOU’ Home Decor: BARC Birch Wood Sheets, BARC Cherry Wood Sheet, Smooch Spritz (various colors), Hexacomb board, e-cutter, love you cut file, scissors and foam adhesive.
Instructions for creating the ‘LOVE YOU’ Home Decor:
1. Typeset LOVE YOU word art and cut onto a 12″x12″ piece of BARC Birch Wood using an e-cutter.
2. Mount the cut BARC Birch Wood piece onto a sheet of BARC Cherry Wood, allowing the Cherry Wood color to show through the cut words.
3. Mount assembled BARC Wood piece onto a sheet of 12″x12″ Hexacomb board. Trim edges as needed.
4. Spray Smooch Spritz onto a sheet of BARC Birch Wood. Try a variety of colors and density to achieve the desired look. Note: for our ‘LOVE YOU’ project we used a combination of Cosmic Pink and Tea Party Smooch Spritz. See below.
We painted using Magestic Smooch Spritz but ultimately decided on the softer look of the spray version.
5. Cut out a heart from the Spritzed BARC Birch Wood.
6. Mount the heart onto the ‘LOVE YOU’ home decor piece using foam adhesive.
We loved how ClearSnap artist Dana Tatar also used Colorbox Spritzers to add color to BARC Wood Tape on this spring terra-cotta pot. Check out the ClearSnap blog for a tutorial on how to create the terra-cotta pot project.